Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Boobie !

Thursday was Frank's birthday & I picked up some crab legs for his birthday dinner. They were excellent. We have a little seafood place in town - Ken's - and they've got some shrimp boats etc, so there is always fresh Georgia shrimp around!! He wanted crab legs and garlic mashed potatoes - so that's what I made. I have to admit that now I have a terrible craving for shrimp, so I'm sure I'll be at Ken's later in the week for that.

Yesterday we had some incredible weather and our temp dropped a good 25 degrees. It's quite pleasant today. I'm off to see what's ready in the garden. I finally pickled some of my okra and hot peppers. I grew Kung Pao Peppers for my canning this year. My second crop of green beans have flowers, so the beans will be here soon. It's been difficult keeping everything watered and cool. Gotta love August in the south.

I still haven't started reading my summer reading book - E of E..I don't know what I'm waiting for..maybe I'll read some today if I can possibly step away from the computer and stop cleaning. I got in cleaning mode this morning and got thru most of the house and did some laundry..ran to the post office, grocery store, then opened the computer --- and here I sit.
AND by the way,,Frank has corrected me on the fence height. It's a 6 foot fence...now my elephant ears seem even bigger LOL :) Well, there are veggies to pick & reading to be done, so I'm stepping away from the computer now....really I am...

No comments: