Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cruisin' with Mel & Bill




This afternoon we rode past the Smallest Church in America again, but this time it was a very busy place!! Maybe because it's Labor Day weekend or it was Sunday and people were out church hopping?
Mel & I posed on my bike - I love riding my own bike now - even though I can't sight see like I used to, there's nothing like it. I've gotta get Mel on her own bike so the girls can go out riding.
Frank loves his new saddlebags. I think they look great on his bike - old style.






After we left the church, our next stop was the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge. It's just beautiful. We want to go back again when we are better dressed for walking around & exploring. It was just too hot in jeans and boots to do anything but ride. I wish it was closer to home, it's a beautiful place to run. There's a 6.3 mile loop around several ponds and waterways with huge pines & gorgeous live oaks dripping with moss.




We also checked out a house that's on a deep water marsh with a creek running thru it, huge trees, big property - but would need quite a bit of work. Just thought we'd check it out while we were out that way... it was empty and loaded with huge spiders!!!!! The body on this guy was easily the size of a large GRAPE!!!!!! What an incredible web too! - Would NOT want to walk into that thing!

No comments: