Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Bit of Blue Sky Today


This morning Ginger & I went outside to a bit of blue sky for a change!! YAY. We're still quite waterlogged from Fay, and may have some scattered showers later on but it was nice to feel the sun on us as we walked this morning. She let us sleep in this morning - 7:30!!! wooo hooooo. Last nite we went to Mel & Bill's place for Dominos and left Ginger loose in the house instead of crating her.
I hoped that she'd just go to sleep since it was dark and she had a very busy day playing with some of her friends on our walks earlier and playing ball in the yard with me - and I was happily suprised when we got home to find her with a sleepy face and a clean house - just how we left it. Phew!! I did NOT want to clean up any messes at midnite.
I'm watching the Olympics I missed last nite - of course I DVR'd everything cause I just can't stay up that late and get up at 5 for work... UGH. I can't wait to see the marathon results.... I can't believe how many have dropped out because of the heat & the fast pace they started out with. They are going to finish this marathon in the time it took me to run my Half!!!! and no,, I'm not suprised...just in AWE!!!! 1984 record for the men's marathon was 2:09:22?? and my times for the half are 2:09+ and 2:11+ hahahahhaha That's just insane!!!!!!

this little baby chameleon is only about 2 inches long. He thinks he's hiding on this Kung Pao Pepper Plant.

Yesterday I spent 3 hrs cleaning up the garden - or what's left of it. The tomatoes came out with the exception of my grape & orange cherry tomatoes. I've started getting beans from my second crop of green beans, but I'm fighting a losing battle with the inch worms!! I'm doing a lot of spraying - Garden Safe, so I only kill certain pests. I just hate using pesticides.

Look at the company I have while playing in the garden....there are so many frogs and baby chameleons all over the plants now. They're so darn cute. This little guy was just hanging out in my Vincas which have self seeded from last year & look just beautiful. They do really well down here in the sun and heat. Forget about Impatients...its just too darn hot for them & I don't have enough shade to keep them alive.

This little guy was just hanging out on the side of the boat one afternoon & was too content to care that Frank was taking some photos. He's gotta get his rest for all the singing he'll be doing in a couple of hours.

No comments: