Thursday, July 31, 2008

O M G !!! What a day !!!

Today I was busy at work from the minute I got there until almost 3p...there are a lot of kids now!!! I made lunch for almost 60 and went thru almost 2 loaves of bread on french toast - there are never that many kids for breakfast. Yesterday I went thru 54 eggs for scrambled eggs..even though eggs become nothing when they are scrambled that's WAY more than I've been using. Lunch today was sweet & sour chicken, 2 tons of rice, veggies & pineapple (of course,, what else would you have with sweet & sour) Then we had a birthday (which I didn't know of til this morning) so I had to manage a cake & 6 dozen mini cupcakes baked & iced by 2 o'clock...Needless to say, by 3 o'clock I was looking forward to getting outa there -- NOT for my speed workout!!
I ended up having a great workout & felt great once I got to the gym. It's always just the getting there part!!!!! I'm always glad I went - as long as I can just get my butt there. Anyway, did 5.25 miles with warm up & cool down. Speed workouts kick my ass completely. I was doing 8 m/mi pace for .25 with a full recovery - doesn't sound like much,,,but I thought I'd die by the 4th one....especially since it was entirely too hot in the gym.
Oh,, so on my way home I had to gas up the bike & when I was leaving the station waiting for traffic I realized there is a huge dip leaving the lot,,,,For what you ask??? No idea - for water drainage??? poor paving? what?? I dont know, but from where I was on the bike - with no other options - it looked like a damn gulley or ravine!!!! too late to do anything except act like its no big deal and drive --- backing the bike up & using the other exit was NOT an option.... so after a bit of a ba-bump!!! I was cruising home. PHEW!! Always an adventure. I gotta admit I was kinda freaked out by it, but it's amazing what you can handle when you have no choice.
Anyway,,,,on the home front, the tomatoes have almost ceased to exist - the edible ones anyway...its been so incredibly hot -- low to mid 90's with a heat index over 100 -- tomorrow we're shooting for 106 - fabulous!!!! the OKRA is of course thriving and I'll be pickling my brains out on an almost daily basis now. What else can you do with okra??? Anyone???

Last nite hanging in the yard I spotted the biggest woolly bear I ever saw... and of course cute froggies. They are all over the yard and house. They are so loud !!! It's pretty funny. Wish you could hear them. Tonite after a swim, I got really close to one of these little guys and suddenly he jumped at my face and landed right on my nose - and just stayed there - til he literally climbed up my face to the top of my head... I thought it was hysterical - Frank thought I was gross :) I don't know what's on this guys body- he was hanging out on the window watching me trying to take his picture in the dark.
Usually they hide out in the siding during the heat of the day and come out once the sun goes down. They are so loud on the back porch that we need to make the tv louder. I just love it.
Stinky Ginger watching me and wondering why I'm not playing with her -- "It's only 92 this afternoon..."

No comments: