I baked a delicious Tomato Tart yesterday - so good, we started eating it before I thought of taking a photo. I made a pate brisee and brushed roasted garlic on it before layering with grated Fontina cheese, sliced tomatoes, s&p, and fresh basil. SOOOOO good!! My crust was amazing! Jim and I made this tart together when I was staying with him for a while and we both loved it. He's a great cook. I'm always so impressed with his homemade pasta dishes. He makes wonderful pasta dishes - homemade raviolis with all kinds of fillings...YUMM. and very inspiring.
The yellow water lilies are opening now. They're gorgeous. Even got a shot of one of my goldfish. They're such scavengers,,,as soon as you go near the pond they think food may be coming, so they come right over to your hand and nibble on your fingers if you put them in the water. We've got so many frogs living in the pond now, they're almost deafening when we are sitting by the pool at nite.
Today I'm hoping to finish Chase's blanket..the weather isn't going to be nice, so it's a perfect day to pop in a movie and crochet for a couple hours. It's going to be a nice blanket. Lion Brand pattern - 9 Patch. Now if I can just sit my ass down for a couple hours I'd be able to finish it!!! That's the game plan for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment