Today frank & I rode the bikes out to Tybee Island. It was a beautiful day and Tybee was insanely crowded...but what a great ride. We cruised up & down the main strip and shopping areas looking for parking & once that got old we blew outa there and headed to Savannah. That's when the fun started. Once again we cruised around checking out the sights & scoping out parking. Of course by now it's early afternoon and everyone & their neighbor is hanging downtown. I must tell you now that before we headed downtown I told Frank to try to find parking on Bay - that I really didn't want to deal with the crowd on River Street after the ride to Tybee and back. THAT said,,,,where do we end up???? -- driving down River Street. Now if you've been there, and most of you have,,,,you know the street is cobblestoned with an old trolley car railroad track running down the center. Yeah,,,not too conducive to motorcycle cruising let alone NEWBIES!! Ok,,so it really wasn't bad except that 2 cars in front of us was a moron from out of state who was FAR more afraid of the cobblestone than I was!!! He was driving SO slowly you could barely keep the bikes moving in 1st gear which made it a bit challenging. Actually, you have to worry more about getting stuck in the RR track than the cobblestone...if that happens, you're just DONE! I survived!! - in fact I did really well! I was so proud of myself (-yeah, I still am...) We found parking & had a delicious lunch on River Street with a view of the Savannah River & got our Wasabi Peanuts from The Peanut Shop. It was an awesome date. Oh,,,& I went over my first drawbridge too....I was already on the grates before I had time to think about it. Lots of 'firsts' for me today. Just incredible!
Speaking of firsts,,,I also survived by first LSD yesterday. Took a water with me which I left at my 2 mi mark after a 15sec walk/water break; did a 3 mi turnaround & 15 sec water brk @mi 4, then finished up just over 61mins. My first mi was way too fast - 9:30 - should have been 10:20 & the last mile was pretty hard,,I was getting hot & tired,,but didn't quit. I knew I could finish at that point - home stretch!! and my overall pace was right about where it should have been. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment