Sunday, July 27, 2008


Last Sunday we went offshore for some fishing, but didn't catch much...lots of shorts and junk fish. Nicole caught the only keeper of the day - a nice spanish mackerel which we forgot to get a shot of. We did see a few sea turtles - although it's pretty tough to get a decent picture of them.
My training is coming along very well. I've been doing tempo runs and speed work during the week & an LSD on Saturday mornings - although this week I did it this morning cause we went out with friends on Friday nite and stayed out too late to be up for run yesterday. Last Saturday I ran an hour and 20 mins with Frank keeping me company on his bicycle. There's a new scenic trail about a mile long thru the woods which was very pretty - and shady!! It runs next to the new park & rec area which will include several ball fields, nature trails etc. Right now it's still a work in progress. Todays long run was only 5 miles (yeah,,not a long run at all actually) - got a late start & even though it was only 85 the humidity was deadly. I took it nice and easy - 52 minutes and LOTS of water breaks. 5 miles easy was better than nothing anyway. This weeks total was 17 miles and 5.5 cycling - not bad.

Oh,,,on Thursday afternoon Frank & I met Gingers first family at JF Gregory Park for some playtime. She had a blast and slept like a baby afterwards. I think they were suprised at how big she had gotten - she's put on 20+ pounds since we got her - and it's all muscle. I think she is still too thin but she's just to hyper to keep any meat on her bones. Dang - what a problem!

No comments: