This week flew by. So much happening. I started training for a fall half marathon. Not sure which one,,,there's the Marine Corp Half in Jacksonville on 10/4 and a couple others in November. I'm still in search of a victim to take along with me... I would love the company training - especially on long runs. I really miss my running buddies at times like these, but I'm going to give it a shot alone if I can't find anyone. I'm using the Smart Coach plan from Runners World - training for a sub 2 hour time. I tried posting a link to my training plan, but it's eternally long & won't fit in the blog. I'm sure Jim knows how I can fix that, but I haven't a clue.
Tomorrow is my first LSD (Long, Slow, Distance for you non-runners) - 6 miles. UGH... gotta start early - it's been sooo hot and humid - even at 6a.m. It'll take me hopefully 62 minutes - 10:20 pace - not bad if I hit the pavement @ 7am. I'll be in the pool by 8:30. YAY.
Jim said the votes are in for Summer Reading 2008 -- John Steinbeck's East of Eden is our winner. My amazon order should be here today. I took it out of the library earlier in the week, but haven't read any of it...that was helpful. My reserve came in also, so now I feel compelled to read that in a hurry & return it before I start EOE, but I've been known to read a couple at the same time. The other is another one of the yarn mysteries by Maggie Sefton - fun, quick reads.
sooooo, speaking of yarns,,,,I'll be knitting away on Jen's baby blanket this weekend too. She may have already had her little girl so I've gotta get going.
Ok,,gotta get going now... there is some serious thunder and lightening happening right now. So much for the beautiful afternoon - I'm sure it'll change in a half hour - but I'm signing off for now. I'll go play with my baby yarn til the storm passes.
Jim said the votes are in for Summer Reading 2008 -- John Steinbeck's East of Eden is our winner. My amazon order should be here today. I took it out of the library earlier in the week, but haven't read any of it...that was helpful. My reserve came in also, so now I feel compelled to read that in a hurry & return it before I start EOE, but I've been known to read a couple at the same time. The other is another one of the yarn mysteries by Maggie Sefton - fun, quick reads.
sooooo, speaking of yarns,,,,I'll be knitting away on Jen's baby blanket this weekend too. She may have already had her little girl so I've gotta get going.
Ok,,gotta get going now... there is some serious thunder and lightening happening right now. So much for the beautiful afternoon - I'm sure it'll change in a half hour - but I'm signing off for now. I'll go play with my baby yarn til the storm passes.
No comments:
Post a Comment