Today Frank found this crazy moth on the side of the house. It's really cool - love those fuzzy antennas he has. He is a Luna Moth!! The Luna Moth is one of the most unusual and beautiful moths of North America and are a real suprise when found in nature. Imagine that...right in my backyard! Pretty cool if you ask me - but I'm kinda wierd like that... I think I took 20 photos of him - or her. It has a really pretty green -yellow color with those "eyes" on the wings and the purple band across the top. Too bad the long "tail" is damaged. They fly only at nite - all moths do..and only live for 1 week in their adult stage.... I hope I have enough photos.
Monday, June 23, 2008
The Luna Moth!
Today Frank found this crazy moth on the side of the house. It's really cool - love those fuzzy antennas he has. He is a Luna Moth!! The Luna Moth is one of the most unusual and beautiful moths of North America and are a real suprise when found in nature. Imagine that...right in my backyard! Pretty cool if you ask me - but I'm kinda wierd like that... I think I took 20 photos of him - or her. It has a really pretty green -yellow color with those "eyes" on the wings and the purple band across the top. Too bad the long "tail" is damaged. They fly only at nite - all moths do..and only live for 1 week in their adult stage.... I hope I have enough photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment