Friday I took the motorcycle to work for the first time. I probably could have picked a nicer morning...it was wet and foggy when I left and by the time I got to work a short 8 miles later I was reasonably damp & soggy. It was kinda wierd riding by myself for the first time too. I've always been with a group or at least with Frank in front of me.
Anyway, the fun came when I was leaving work since it was Water Day and the kids were in the parking lot with water pistols, crazy sprinklers etc. Once they saw Miss Chris walking to a motorcycle all hell broke loose with frantic excitement as they ran towards me yelling 'Hey Miss Chris!!! YOU ride a motorcycle...Hey you guys - LOOK Miss Chris has a motorcycle...' OMG what was happening..the grown ups had lost all control. After telling them they could NOT go for a ride with me thank you very much and getting them under control I got my helmet on and started the bike. I'll admit that yes I revved it a few times just cause they were being so cute about the whole thing - and yes, I was enjoying the excitement myself..except I got them so hypped up I drove away to the chants & cheers of GO MISS CHRIS !! GO MISS CHRIS !! coming from 25+ biker groupies. I can only image what Monday morning is going to be like. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment