This afternoon we picked so many veggies we could have opened our own farm stand. My string beans have had another growth spurt - they stopped for a bit, and now there are tons of flowers and beans again. YAY I've been eating them almost every nite with dinner. I'm going to jar some of my tomatoes tomorrow. I hope they come out as well as my okra. It'll be nice to have fresh tomatoes for sauce in the winter. The little grape tomatoes and the yellow cherries are so sweet that lots of them don't make it into the house.
I had to take a pic of this tomato...what the heck is that???? Pretty funny huh.
This morning we left at 10 for a motorcycle ride thru the country with Mel & Bill. We took a chance on leaving Ginger uncrated.(since she is getting too big for the crate anyway) Frank's been leaving her for a couple hours at a time on the days he's home and she's been good so I thought we should take the chance. She was great!!!! I can't tell you how happy I was - AM!! Maybe no more crate for her - would be wonderful to have my hallway back LOL. So speaking of her getting too big for the crate,,,,,get this,,she weighed in last nite at a whopping 57 lbs already. She was 40 when we got her on April 5th. She is so strong I almost can't keep her under control when she wants to go play with the kids on our dog walk. I forget that at only 7 mos old she is still in that outa control puppy stage.
Today we drove all the way to Darien. What a nice ride..about 150 miles round trip. We stopped at the smallest church in the world. No, really. It is. What a cute little church. A caretaker watches over it & you can still get married in it. Really old stained glass windows too. I forgot to bring my camera, so I don't have a photo. Maybe next trip. We went to the Sunbury Crab Co. for lunch. It's right on the water in Midway, with a beautiful view of the marsh and river. Next time we decided we'll take the boat over instead. Driving down the gravel road to get there was a first for me on the bike. Pretty interesting...but I did well. In fact, today I rode on grass, down a loose gravel road with lots of ruts in it, and the sandy road under the huge live oaks and big roots to get to the smallest Church. Lots of 'firsts' for me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment