We are in the middle of an incredible heat wave down here. Its only 5:15 am and the temp is already 77 degrees. We've been in the mid to upper 90's all week with sunny skies - great for hanging out in the pool reading. Yes,,,notice I did say IN the pool. I can only lay on a float for about 10 mins before you can fry an egg on my skin - NOT an option. I can pick the garden in between jumps into the pool - no seriously - it's easy to get overheated. Even Ginger is exhausted after our walk. This kinda weather usually doesn't come til July or August - UGH,,,,I can't imagine what the rest of the summer is going to be like. I know the heat sounds like its brutal, but I'll take it over snow & slippery roads any day.
Last nite we went to Uwy & Tabatha's for a 'cookout'. Mel & Bill were also there and we played cards and Dominos til after 9:30 - ON A WORK NITE. I had to end the party to get some sleep and even managed to get up on time. This afternoon I'm babysitting for little Madeline for a few hours - can't wait to take her in the pool. She is so cute !! Always happy. Off to walk Ginger & get to work. (3 wks til vacation woohoo!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment