Today we went to St Cat's with Dale & Nicole. It was just beautiful !! Really hot though. We were following this little area of shade until it finally disappeared on us --- we left soon after cause by that point we had all had enough sun & if you weren't in the water it was just too dang hot on the sand.
After a dip in the pool Frank & I checked out the garden and watered. Of course there were more veggies for picking. They are out of control right now...tomorrow I've gotta do some cooking. Zucc & tomatoes, make fresh pesto, do something with the cucumbers,,,,probably eat the string beans with dinner. I'd love to do something with the tomatoes so I have my own tomatoes in the winter for sauce. Guess I'll try my hand at jarring them. I did well with the hot pickled okra. We're still eating them from last summer. I think I had over 3 dozen jars and another dozen pickled banana peppers. We can't find the hot cherry peppers we used to eat in NY all the time, so I played around with the okra & hot peppers we were growing.
Somehow, I came out with great pickled okra...from a Yankee no less LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment