Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Running with the big boys today!!
After my run in the park yesterday - a quick 3 mile loop - I saw Billy, my neighbor, & one of his running buds Keith. They were meeting funny enough Tim - from Tim & Dave's Landscaping - Frank & I bought our 2 Washington & Canary Palms from Tim. Anyway,,they were off on a LSD and asked if I wanted to join them. I passed - feeling incredibly intimidated and having just finished a quick run already. So then they invite me to meet them today & run with them. NOW I feel like I just HAVE to so they don't think I'm rude - not to mention I'm thinking how lame I'll feel if I chicken out cause I think I can't keep up with them. and besides, isn't this exactly what I'm looking for??? A group of more experienced runners to push me & force me to work harder & improve... so YES!! I find myself saying I'd love to hook up with them & punish myself for a run. OMG what am I thinking???? They are all very experienced runners. Oh well,,,,now I'm committed, so I meet them today, AND I keep up!!!! Holy Cow!! I ended up running 8 1/2 miles with them at a nice pace...under 9 mins - which is WAY faster than my 10+ minute pace on my LSDs. So at the home stretch Tim goes for another lap, Billy & Keith kick into hi gear - and now what am I gonna do???? I'm not being left in the dust all tired and whimpy,,,so I give it what I have left and finish strong. It was sooo damn cool. My quads were screaming & I almost puked but I felt incredible. I said as long as I can walk tomorrow I'd meet them for another run. For some bizarre reason they both said I'd be feeling fine - maybe they were impressed I kept up too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment