Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bridge Run gives me another PR !!!

This morning I ran the Savannah River Bridge Run - did the 10K!!! First of all, here's a bit of trivia for you: The Talmadge Memorial Bridge spans 1.4 miles over the Savannah River peaking at 196 feet with a 5.5% grade. I ran over and back this morning -- chip time 56:09!! (So,,technically, didn't I actually run the bridge twice??) I placed 15 out of 49 in my 40-44 age group. The race closed out with the max 4000 runners this morning. (oh,,,did I say that overall I placed 672?) Needless to say, I'm pretty impressed with myself. I had the most incredible stitch (an incredibly sharp cramp that will NOT go away or let you breath normally UGH!!) on my way up the first time...I felt it on my warm up run and just couldn't get rid of it. Finally left it on the top of the bridge and the rest of the race was great. Next year I'm shooting for a sub 50 min so maybe I'll finish top 5 in my age group :) Can't wait for the photos to be out. I'll have to order them from vpbphoto. They'll be on their site Tuesday nite :)

  FEMALE AGE GROUP:  40 - 44
Place O'All No. N A M E Age City,state Guntime Chiptm
===== ===== ===== ====================== === ================== ======= =======
  15   672  2456 Christine Desmond       42 Richmond Hill GA     56:36   56:09 

No comments: