Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Wreck Fishin'



Frank caught an 18 in. Black Sea Bass yesterday on our fishing trip. We fished a couple of wrecks with our friend Timmy - his first trip offshore - and killed the sea bass!!!!! They were all between 14 & 18 inches. We fed Timmy & his roommate and our neighbors Joe & Evelyn. Joe reminds me of Poopa & his wife Evelyn is 100 years old!! We just love them. Frankie helped him with a short he had in his Christmas lights so we didn't have an "electrical situation" over there. :) He just loves Ginger too. It's a miracle she hasn't knocked him down yet since she gets so excited to see him.



I caught the biggest Trigger fish I ever saw!!! His teeth were the size of mine!!!! The best was Frank's huge fish!! We got some beautiful filets out of it. I'm getting good at cleaning the fish. Now Frank's gonna clean the boat and I'm going to clean fish. :)

a beauty of a Trigger fish! Felt like I brought up a doormat.Frank's BassGetting lots of practice

Timmy was thrilled to catch fish - he didn't want to come back in! I think he'd have fished until dark if we let him. He didn't get sick either... we wondered if he'd turn out to be a greenie on his first trip in the ocean like that, but he was a trooper and had a blast!! Now we've got more muscle when we go for Kingfish in the summer.

This is a pretty Spotted Pinfish. They are all over the place on the wrecks, but we don't know if they're good eatin', so we threw them back. They look too small and not worth the work to clean anyway - but they are great little fighters!!
We caught a very pretty mystery fish too. We had no idea what it was. Almost looked like a baby red snapper, but it isn't. I still have to identify it. Yeah,,,Frank cut my head off in this shot...
We had an Excellent fishing adventure! I can't believe we were offshore in t-shirts 5 days before Santa comes. I'm sure we'll have a few more nice days to be on the water before year end. I'm off work for a week, so hopefully we can do it again:) This time I want the BIG ONE!!

No comments: