So after my run on Tuesday, I took Wed. off - so did Billy & Keith. Yesterday I met Billy & Tim for a road run. We did a big loop thru town - including the only hill around..which they told me AFTER I sucked wind all the way up, that we did the first mile and a half at sick fast pace for me... can't even remember what - maybe I've chosen to block it out,,,but I wanna say it was almost 8. maybe 7:48?? I don't know... it's pretty much all a blurrr!!! Of course today I met them again - there's really something wrong with me... it was windy as hell, and we did the same loop, with the wind blowing like crazy. My legs were tired, but we ran a 10k in about 53mins... damn good for me! I'm amazed I'm still able to walk, although I'm a little stiff now!! Thank God tomorrow is a rest day. We'll hook up Sunday early for a LSD down the spur & thru Ft McAllister. I just KNOW this isn't going to be like any other LSD I've ever run. I'm a little nervous - but I still have a day to stress over it HA.
Tomorrow we're going fishing. I can't wait.. Black Sea Bass are biting. Frank is too psyched. We haven't been out on the boat in ages. The weather all week has been gorgeous - mid/upper 70's but we've both had to work. I'm happy for a great weekend so we can have some serious play time on the water. I don't wanna do yard work, or bake cookies, or decorate. It's all about fishing tomorrow :)
Today at work Ms Lula & I got presents from the kids. It made me feel so good that they thought about us. We got banana nut bread; Christmas goodie bags with hot chocolate, Pep farm milanos & candy canes; I got a Fleet feet gift card & homemade trail mix from Derek & Charlotte and their mom Jenn. Jenn & I went to the Fleet Feet Diva nite together & she is running her first Half in the spring :) I'm hoping she joins our running club too. Derek & I have a breakfast date almost every morning when they come in (he's 4 & absolutely adorable - I think he might have a little crush on me) Ms Lula's grandson Joshua gave me a gift too. I got the cutest Penguin mug(he knows how I love my coffee & tea) & a pair of plush red socks from Bath&Body Works. They all made me feel really special today.
No comments:
Post a Comment