Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's a Heat wave!!

This week our morning temps continued to hover around 20 degrees --- yeah... pretty horrific where ever you are!! Frank even cleaned the garage so I could get the Jeep in there again.  I've been using my auto-start to warm up the truck rather than cool it off like I did all summer.  What gives???  Well, finally the weather gives.  We hit a balmy 57 today and I've actually been able to run outside after work the last couple days. It's been wonderful.
All this chilly weather has inspired me to keep crocheting.  Started this ripple afghan over the weekend, but haven't worked on it during the week at all. It's a Vanna pattern from one of my books and I've been wanting to make it for a while - bought the yarn months ago. Now maybe I can finally work on getting rid of some of my stash. We won't even discuss the yarn stash I have,,,it's just embarrassing.  Anyone need an afghan???

I made a little scarf for the girls,,,another is in the works now cause ,,,, well, you know.. there's two of them :)  Thank GOD Elizabeth got the jog stroller so they can sit side by side and share a 'ghan :)   PHEW!!!! Two of everything is hard to keep up on :)  They seem to grow faster than I can crochet these days --- but that's a good thing!


All this talking about crochet has made me want to sit down and do a couple of rows.  Frank says that's my line now...'just one more row',,,or 'let me just finish this row', but I can't help it....I get caught up.

1 comment:

PattieJ said...

LOVE that ripple! And the scarf is adorable!! So are those twin girls!! That pic of them above is so cute!! I have twin girls too! Mine are 20 years old now!