Sunday, January 24, 2010

I will survive....

...to run another LSD.  So 19.25 yesterday morning - and I'm still around to talk about it.  I was ready for a little power nap when I came home though.  It felt great too.  I got out of my wet clothes, into my robe, on the couch under the blanket and passed out for a good 30 minutes or so.  I remember watching America's Test Kitchen (love that show) & wanting to make their blueberry muffins,,,,,Next thing you know there's a really bad grilling show on with some guy doing terrible things to some beautiful portabella shrooms.  That was enough to get my ass up & hunt down the remotes I had forgotten to bring to the horizontal position with me. Anyway, I felt good on my run.  I averaged a 10:30 pace which is about what I'm hoping for on race day.  My goal right now is for a sub 5 - although I'd love to be near 4:30!!!!!! Keeping positive :) Thank you Lisa for all your support and your positive attitude!!! You and Elizabeth have been great motivators!!  Frank has been pushing me along almost daily...poor guy is probably ready to strangle me!!! You don't want to know how many times he's made his own dinner (and mine), done the dishes, encouraged me, pushed me to get out to just do a short run knowing once I got out there I'd have a great run. Thanks Boobie. He knows I always feel better after a run or a workout - and no doubt I'm MUCH easier to live with!!! Training on your own is kinda tough - when you have a buddy to meet for a run there's a bit more accountability. I need to have more discipline than I have - so thank you everyone!  4 weeks and counting!!!!

On a completely different note, I've been occupying what's left of my time --- while I'm sitting on my ass in front of the tv --- crocheting and knitting of course.  (but what else??!!) 

I crocheted these cute wristers the other night while watching tv.  Just couldn't get sleepy and managed to do both of them before falling asleep.  Quick and easy - and very cozy :)


Working on a new ripple now for the living room.  It's got Vanna colors of fall - brick, honey, rust, rose, & pea green.  yeah, pea green sounds gross but the colors work together, & I just love crocheting.  Keeps me busy & relaxed. 


I have this great Lion brand wool that's a Lamb's wool/acrylic blend so there's the warmth of wool but it's soft & washable! ...but I don't know what to make with it..hmmmm Well, I'm getting back to my afghan & the foodball game now. 

No comments: