Monday, April 27, 2009

This past week,,,Etc.



The Relay for Life was a HUGE success. Our booth won an award for the Gourmet desserts we had. We had chocolate covered fruits, pretzels and angelfood cake, crudites & dip, m&m cookie bars, several different bar cookies and cakes. It was crazy. Amy (in the red evening gown) decorated the booth with netting and "Lovebugs. Patrice (my boss) and her granddaughter Aubry are next to Amy. I took some photos of the Luminarias - but took them on my phone which I can't get on my blog. Everyone's names were read out loud after a rememberance prayer. My friend Renee & her family walked as well. She lost her dad 3 years ago. Here are a couple of the photos from my camera of the Luminarias. (Sorry I got such stinky pictures) The walkway was beautiful lined with the candlelit bags - heartbreaking & inspiring at the same time.
Last week Frank & I went over to Dale & Nicole's new place to see the new puppies. They are just soooo cute...they look like little Lion cubs with their big mushes! Just adorable








Macie had 11 puppies and NO we aren't getting one of them! I'm still trying to find some fool to take Ginger hahahahah When we saw them they were only a few days old and their eyes were still closed. Should be fun to see them when they are running around her house! O M G !!!!! Tomorrow Nicole is gonna hang out by our pool while the guys work on their kitchen cabinet job - or try to. Frank pulled his neck and back out on Saturday morning and has been in really bad shape!!


















The garden is slowly coming along. Things are really behind compared to last year. We've had pretty cool temps & tons of incredible rain, so it really hasn't been ideal gardening weather.
Besides that, I started all my seeds as usual, but then left them to see my nieces!!! YAY!!! Needless to say, I had to start my seeds over again and didn't have a care about it. I can't wait to see them again. They are 2 months old today - and in Saturday's mail I got my first Godmother gift!!! It was the most amazing photo album and a picture of the girls in their Easter outfits... just the cutest thing I've ever seen! I LOVE it! Thank you Elizabeth.
Ok,,here is some garden silliness --- love in the afternoon - talk about the birds and the bees :) It's a great shot - if not an invasion of privacy. My Amaryllis was incredible this year..I don't even remember how many blooms I had on it, but it was pretty spectacular!!!
Last but not least,,,I took a First place in the Energy Oasis 5k race on Saturday. Energy is a spa and health club - with an incredible yoga studio & classes. I placed first in my Masters division. YAY. The race raised money for St. Judes Children's Hospital. Tonite there was a Gait analysis & seminar - pretty interesting. I think I've just about brought you up to date. Not much excitement here. Frank & Bette are supposed to stay with us for a while, but we're waiting to see if Frank is feeling better. They are visiting with John & Tammy in N. Carolina for a bit. Guess we'll play it by ear for a bit.

No comments: