
This morning the Easter bunny left Ginger a new friend. How cute. We couldn't get her to come out of her shell so after a couple of sniffs from Ginger we set her free across the street where she'd have lots of woods & wetland to grow up in.

I took this shot of the Luna Moth the same day the Hummingbirds came back.

There were 3 of them hanging out on our front porch - very strange - I haven't seen one since. They are really pretty - lime green colored with these incredible antennae!! ~ those things are serious!!!


Apparently, these guys are rarely seen since they only live for about a week. Their sole purpose in life is to mate - adults don't even have mouths. They are most commomly seen at nite & in the south may go thru three generations in a season. Just a small tidbit of information you never thought you'd need to know. Of course I thought they were cool as hell - yeah, call in the geek squad.
At work this week I made a couple of Easter bunny cakes for the kids. They were a huge hit. One of the teachers made the Easter basket out of a plastic milk gallon - cute idea.

Oh,,,and have you ever wondered what over a hundred hard boiled eggs looks like???? Well, I found out this week at work when I hard boiled 135 eggs - yes that's almost a gross!!!!! Never in my life did I think I'd ever have the need to do
that. At least I didn't have to color them all - the kids did that. The 3 & 4 year olds were each given 2 eggs & got to choose their colors. I made a few extra in case we had some casualties, & the 3 y/o class decorated a few for Ms Lula & I.
You had to see the excitment on the kids faces when they saw the bunny cakes. It was the sweetest thing. Can my job be any more fun??? They also had a huge easter egg hunt outside - the parents brought in plastic eggs filled with goodies and we let the kids loose class by class.
Just too darn cute!!!
We took our neighbors out yesterday morning to show them the river since they just got a new boat. It was kinda windy, so we didn't go past Ossabaw Island. We had a crazy sky - looked like rain in some areas,

then the sun rays shone thru in others. We didn't think it would be fun to be outrunning a t-storm if we went offshore, so we just hung around the island. It was nice to be on the water again. I don't think we've been out since sometime in January. Jim & Beth's daughter Linsey drove her new boat in circles around us and later jumped in for a swim with her cousin. The water is only 62 degrees...Bbbbrrrrrrrr

No comments:
Post a Comment