This morning I got outa the house at 7:30 to meet some of the running club for the Saturday morning run, but I was all by myself. There was a 5K in Savannah & there are always ball games & practices on Saturdays. Anyway, it was fine with me - had my iPod & figured I'd do a loop to start my day off well. I ended up doing 2 loops & a big one around the park so I covered about 6 miles. Not bad - and I felt great. The park was beautiful - the loop is loaded with Honeysuckle in full smell - so strong it was almost overwhelming. All the water plants & lilies are up - getting ready to bloom. Pretty soon I'll be looking for gators & snakes. It was too cool yet this morning. We woke up to a chilly 43 degrees, but we're near 70 already and shooting for mid 70s. While I was cooling down from my run, I was walking towards the bridge eating a banana & the ducks must have thought i had something for them cause 3 male mallards came racing up to me to see what I had. I really wished I had a camera!!!! They were so dang cute! I knelt down on the ground & they waddled right up - almost got in my lap. They have reason to fear humans - they're safe in the park & as you can imagine fed very well. I put my hand out as if to show them I had nothing for them and they just poked my hand & made lots of noise at me to show their displeasure. Now I need to pick up a bag of cracked corn & put a tupperware full in my truck.
Frank & I are off for a bike ride soon. Harley has Saturday Demo-days for the month of April, so we're gonna see if there's anything we want to take for a spin.
No comments:
Post a Comment