Tomorrow night I'll be participating in the Richmond Hill Relay for Life. We're going to have beautiful weather for it. It's a 12 hr event in JF Gregory Park. All the teams participating will have booths where they'll continue to do fund raising. Our team is "The Bubba Lovebugs of Richmond Hill P.A.L.S." We will be selling yummy foods - I'm making brownies & tomorrow at work I'll be putting together 500 little containers of fresh fruit, cheese & crackers, veggies & dip. US Foods donated the containers for us when they found out we were participating. I thought that was really nice. (I order the food for the daycare from them) Others on the team are doing bar cookies, lemon bars, and more goodies. I don't think I'll be able to stay up thru the nite (it goes on til 7am) since I have a 5K run I want to do in town in the morning and then a Homeowners Assoc. meeting. Yeah,,a busy 24 hrs coming up. If you'd like to read more about the Relay and American Cancer Society or make a donation please check out the website.
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=12867 Click on 2009 teams on the left side.
My name shows no money since I haven't paid for all my "stuff" yet. I've purchased a few Luminarias for friends and family. One in memory of Lauren's mom Dawn who recently lost her battle with cancer, one in Shelley's honor for her ongoing strength & faith, and of course one in Mommy's memory - not a day goes by that I don't think of her.
I'm very proud to be a part of this event as I was unable to run in the National marathon to fight breast cancer in February as originally planned since I was so sick. You can bet I'll be trying again for 2010!!! I'll have some photos of the event posted over the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment