I just got off the phone with Elizabeth and I feel so much better. She sounds really good and she got to see the babies last night. Once they took her off the magnesium sulfate she began to feel human and was able to get out of bed & function!! As soon as she was more lucid there was nothing holding her back from her daughters :) Kevin stayed with her last nite and will be with her all day along with the slew of visitors she's been getting. I'm feeling so much better now that I spoke to her and got to hear her voice. Kevin will try to download some pictures today, but you know, being a new Daddy is keeping him very busy and he does have other priorities....I'll just be patient. As long as everyone is healthy and doing well, I can't ask for anything more --- except of course being there myself.
Here on our homefront things have been busy. Yesterday was a gorgeous day so Frank & I did some yard clean up. We weeded and cleaned one of the beds in the yard and put down some fresh pine straw. It looks so much better now. Last year I planted some cuttings of a Confederate Rose one of my garden club friends gave me. They got HUGE - you could see the blooms from the street over the fence. Theres a beautiful Viburnum and a bunch of bulbs and elephant ears in there too which should look great this year since its their second year in the ground. Our Weeping Willow in the front has popped too...there was a tiny bit of green on it and suddenly all the leaves have popped out. Last night we had horrendous thunderstorms & wind, but we needed a good soaking. Today is going to be a rainy miserable day. Great for a lazy Sunday of reading & crocheting.
No comments:
Post a Comment