Monday, March 16, 2009

Budweiser Clydesdales come to JF Gregory Park

Look how they are all facing the same direction

This is Dillon


The Clydesdales have made JF Gregory Park their new temporary home since they are going to be in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Savannah. They are under the big pavillion with visitors from all over coming to see them. I couldn't believe the number of people who were there to watch their arrival last week. I happened to have great timing when I went to run in the park - they hadn't even been taken out of the trailers yet. I think it's really cool that they are in my park!!! I've been visiting with them after all my runs. They're just magnificent!
Gotta love those feet!! It seemed like everyday there was some type of grooming going on - clipping the hair on their ears, their manes where the bridals go over their heads, eyelashes, muzzles. It was funny to see the handlers standing on step ladders to reach their ears and tops of their heads. They were exercised in the mornings after I was already at work, so I missed that.
Getting a refreshing bath

I thought some of this info was pretty interesting so I took a photo of one of the info signs they have up in front of the horses. Hope I didn't bore you with all the horsey stuff, but I was just mesmorized by them. So HUGE and so gentle.
...and in case you're wondering - Yes,,,there is a Dalmation running around too.
Too bad I'm working and can't get to the parade this year. Savannah's been a giant party since March 1st!

No comments: