Our beans and peas have sprouted in the garden already !!! YAY! We've had great sunny days with a day and a half of rain so all my seeds went nuts. The mesclun is happy - can't wait for baby greens & bibb lettuce. We're trying Swiss chard this year. If I can get seeds we'll also try Artichokes. THAT would be awesome. I already have a lily pad in the pond - it wasn't there 2 days ago but when I fed the fish this evening - which were ravenous - there it was! We're in full blown spring down here. Typical March winds will keep us off the water this weekend - predicting 11-15 footers offshore - but it'll be a nice biking day & I want to see the Azaleas in Savannah anyway. I hope to get some nice photos to share.
OH so guess what????? - our pollen count was over 4000 today --- yeah,,,spring is most definitely here..the trucks have a lovely yellow, fuzzy hue. Really attractive when the rain came - nice looking pollen slick in the pool too. It's all worth it though. I just love seeing everything greening up and flowering by the time Jim's & Lisa's birthdays come around.
Speaking of the rain, I got a couple of our neighbors on video after we got that soaking rain the other day. The boys discovered the "river" between our house and our neighbor Beth's. It's the ongoing erosion problem we have in the back of the yard - although, it's much better since we've added fill & Frank made me 2 new raised beds - but we're still a work in progress. Anyway, the kids had a lot of fun - I'd have tried it myself if I hadn't just gotten outa the shower. There's always the next rainfall so stay tuned :)
Here are some of the squares for the new afghan I'm making for Lila Grace & Alexis Lynn. I just LOVE the colors. I've gotta get my stuff together over the next couple of days cause I haven't crocheted all week and I've got lots to do yet. I'm way behind in my crocheting & knitting projects. I don't have enough time in my day lately - gardening, working, dog, dinner, laundry, crocheting, reading ----- OMG!!!! Just too many hobbies & work is putting a cramp in my style. LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment