Sunday, March 30, 2008

So much to tell...

..I don't know where to start. Well, first off, work has kept me busy all week - getting back into the groove of getting up early and actually out the door instead of just hangin' around the house has actually been refreshing. I hit the gym a few nites on my way home too.

Yesterday morning I had a 5K at JFGregory Park - to raise money for the Bryan Animal Caregivers. What a blast it was - there were dogs everywhere. Even runner dogs - with humans in tow. It was a sunny 80 degree morning, so of course there were water tubs and doggie pools for the 4 legged 'kids'. Some of them just couldn't wait to get in & lay down.

Oh yeah,,,I got the blue ribbon for my age group:) Not bad for my first race in almost a year. The best part of the day was meeting Ginger - the shepherd mix I've had my eye on. What a sweetheart she is!! and she's up for adoption. Now I've got to work on Frank cause he wants us to have some freedom for a while, but I hate having a dog-free home. Right now she's living with Copper (please excuse his butt) and his mom Justine who is a dog trainer. Hopefully she'll have a home with us, but if it doesn't happen, I'm sure it won't be long before someone else grabs her.

1 comment:

El Viejo Eli said...

Great pics of your furry friends and interesting concept for a recreational run/fundraiser.

Nice pics of the zipping adventure in Mexico; looks like a lot of fun and something I'd like to try.