Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Frank & I spent the day working in the yard - I'm going to be sore tomorrow! It's worth it though cause I have another raised bed in the yard. I love the 3rd one Frank made for me. We had such an awesome garden last summer I wanted more growing room. We needed 2 trips to the compost pile in town to fill it - and trust me,,thats A LOT of dirt. (we filled the back of the truck twice) I already planted some of my potted herbs and some flowers in it. I'll add my hot chili peppers, more herbs & probably a couple of eggplants - think I'll give them a shot this year and see how they do. I'm really behind schedule this season since we went on vacation. Most of what we had last year I started from seed in February believe it or not & had already started planting in the garden by now. Better get my butt in gear.

And YES - the tornado watch was very scary. We were lucky, but it did touch down in Rincon - not too far from us, and completely devastated a 2 mile stretch. It was eerily calm here with that wierd colored sky - creepy - & a spectacular light show!! I've never seen lightening like that before. I couldn't stop watching it - as scary as it was, I found it too incredible to miss. Mother Nature is truly amazing.

No comments: