Sunday, March 16, 2008
The Hummingbirds are here !!! It's officially springtime now.
Yes, it's true...a beautiful male Ruby Throat was just at my feeder. I put it out a couple days ago, just in case they came in early, and we had our first visitor today. I'm toooo excited - can you tell??? Last year our first sighting was April 1st. Wonder if this means an early hot summer? That's okay too..that's what AC and a pool are for right? I have such spring fever already it isn't funny. Yesterday Frank built another raised bed in the back for me - now I have 3 beds for veggies and herbs. I plan on growing tons of parsley for the Swallowtail caterpillars and Milkweed for my Monarchs. After releasing 11 of them last year I got the bug - I think this year I'll tag them & my info will be recorded with Monarch Watch. Our yard will be an official Monarch Waystation. I know... some of you are thinking I need a job... I have one... and its going to cut into my playtime too...but I'll be finished early afternoon which will give me plenty of play and pool time. (I'll need it to
decompress - after cooking for MANY children!!) Here are my monarchs from September - the Hummers are pretty difficult to get a nice shot of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment