Monday, November 22, 2010

YAY!!! We have Black Sea Bass!!!

Frank & I had a beautiful day for fishing today! The ride out was a bit lumpy, but once out at the J buoy everything was perfect. We had action all day - lots of shorts and junk fish - but we came home with 3 nice keepers and threw back a few that were just 12". Even though that's the size limit, they still had room to grow, and we had plenty to eat.
Somehow I managed to hook 2 fish at once...I don't know how that happened, but they were both hooked in the mouth....go figure! --- and both short. DANG!!
I cleaned them tonite, but we won't eat them til tomorrow when Joe comes for dinner. Ginger & I stopped by on our walk and invited him for some fish fry tomorrow nite. (of course I'll bake mine) We've also got some Sheepshead from another trip so we're gonna fry that up too. I'm thinking maybe rice pilaf or an herbed pasta since Joe is sick of potatoes. He makes potatoes for himself alot and he's tired of them now - hopefully I can send him home with leftovers too.
Time for a little knitting now - I'll probably fall asleep in mid stitch, but that's okay :) I need a good nite's sleep for tomorrows workout and long run. It's gonna be a busy day.

No comments: