Monday, November 1, 2010

Some views of The Ford

I finally remembered to take my camera to work and actually take some pictures of the view from "my office". I've enjoyed views from Jim's apartments, UJoe's offices, etc. and now I get to share some of my views with you. The place is really beautiful and there are deer & raccoons all over in the morning when I drive in. Yesterday I was greeted at the kitchen door by a baby raccoon who was more startled by me than I was of him!! Unfortunately, the camera was in the car and he hid in the tea garden before I could get a picture of him.
This is the main house - Henry Ford's home. The rooms upstairs are used by guests and guests & residents are welcome for breakfast. The great room is used for dinner parties, wine tastings, book club, etc.
Another view from the kitchen - the sunrise is just gorgeous! Every shade of pink, purple & orange!!! It's also a beautiful wedding area. They set up lighting & tents - ceremony & cocktails in the daylight, then under the tents for dinner - which I've had a blast helping to prepare! Love doing all the food for cocktail hours, reception dinners, oyster roasts. There was a Halloween party at the Clubhouse on Saturday. The place was decorated bigtime! I did breakfast in the morning & left about 6:45 - before the party but heard from many at breakfast the food & party were great.

Our huge honeybee hive - in the tree outside the kitchen door
Yesterday I did breakfast at 6, went to the clubhouse about 11, started the poolish for my bread, went to the farm with one of the guys where we collected fresh eggs, fed & watered the chickens and goats, & I scoped out the veggies & herbs growing in the garden. SO much fun!! Then back to the clubhouse where I used the eggs in my homemade coffee ice cream & finished shaping the bread. We made a Pandolce Alto. I took an unbaked loaf home & baked it off today. It was really delish - we shared some with Joe - my favorite neighbor. oh, I made a pizza for Frank & I
for dinner too since I already knew I didn't wanna cook dinner - Love the fringe benefits.

No comments: