What a week! Dinner on Thursday was a wine dinner - not book club. 6 courses paired with different wines & a couple of appetizers thrown in at the last minute for good measure! Fabulous menu! Lobster tails, quail, duck, filet of beef - just beautiful plates. OMG the BEST part of the nite was when James, The Ford's Food and Wine guy, had the Chef bring Derek (his sous) and ME out to the guests to introduce us as the one's who made that fabulous meal possible!!!! They all complimented & raised their glasses to US!! I was so thrilled with my little dose of formal recognition I thought I'd just bust!!!!!!!
The wedding on Saturday for 250 ended up being close to 300 - it was for the only daughter of one of the big attorneys in town whose firm (I'm sure) has done work for just about every other big someone in Richmond Hill. It was amazing how many people I recognized - everyone from my doctor to my insurance agent & even a couple of friends of mine. Anyway, thank God it was a local wedding and they aren't members, so the Main House wasn't full of guests for breakfast on Sat. & Sun. I worked from 6am to 11p at the wedding so I wasn't hot for a busy breakfast. I was responsible for the bridal parties breakfast and lunch at the spa & then wedding prep all afternoon. I was thrilled at the end of the rush when the Chef said he was really happy with me & how I've been working - that I was doing really well!! If he wasn't pleased I know he wouldn't have said anything.
I'm looking forward to yoga & a LSD this morning, mani/pedi, & an afternoon of knitting & crocheting. Got some Christmas gifts done already --- no picture posting or I'll give it away (if anyone is still reading this hahaha - thank you Jim & Daddy I know you're there) Well, gotta run or I'll be late for Yoga.
No comments:
Post a Comment