Tonite I worked at the Main House with the Chef for the Round table dinner. The members have a scheduled speaker every month & a 4-6 course meal follows. I had a great time - as well as a long hard day! 13hrs & since I'm low man on the totem pole I did the dishes and the clean up UGH!!!!! guess I gotta pay my dues til one day I have someone to do it for me :) There are always cocktails and some r&r on the clock before the nite is over, so it's all good.
The menu was nice.
Tomato Bisque
Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes (fontina)
Chilean Sea Bass over warm Tomato & Spinach salad (gar. w/tomato beurre blanc)
Variety of cheeses with Tomato Preserves, Marcona Almonds & French Baguette Toast
Almost every day Shawn & I make fresh bread. Today since I was prepping for the round table I couldn't help with bread but he made a sundried tomato bread that was just delicious so that was out on the tables. I just love being in the kitchen & learning & being inspired! Now I just wish I had the time to do it at home. It's easy when you're in a fully equipped kitchen with all kinds of food & supplies (including a dishwasher!!!) --- I mean a mean commercial one,,,and someone to actually wash them!!! LOVE it!!
well, that's all for now. The Chef wants me to do the Book Club Wine Dinner tomorrow nite with him!!! woohoo!! Another 12 hr day I'm sure, then it's hot breakfast at 6 on friday, an oyster roast fri nite(which I'm sure I won't be working - Please God). Saturday is a big ass wedding for 250 ppl!!!! HOLY COW!!!! That's gonna be a busy day - and long since I do breakfast Friday - Sunday. I'm sure breakfast will be busy since the main house will be full of guests for the wedding. Guess I better get some sleep. Frank's gonna forget what I look like - good thing this job was his find & he pushed me to go for it. I miss being home for dinner when we're busy at work, but I do love what I'm doing :) Good nite everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment