Saturday, December 5, 2009

"DO OR DO NOT; THERE IS NO TRY." ~ Yoda

so I DID!!! I completed my first - of hopefully many - Double Pump Bridge runs. I have to say I think this was the most difficult race for me to face. This morning I lay in bed listening to the rain outside --- not drizzle....RAIN!!! I hit snooze and lay there listening and pondering....it was the perfect morning to roll over and stay in my nice, warm, dry bed!!! However, the better part of me thought "It's gonna stop raining for the race & you'll be home like a loser!!! NOT to mention you'll have to tell everyone you stayed in bed because of a little bit of rain & totally blew it !!!" --- at which point I promptly got my ass out of my nice, warm, dry bed & got dressed for my race. It had stopped raining by the time I parked at the convention center, but a steady drizzle was coming down when we came out to go to the start line. Once we were at the start it didn't matter --- high energy levels & Santa got everyone psyched. I was totally pumped up by the time the gun went off!!! I'm not sure of my times yet, but I'm sure they'll be posted this afternoon. SOOO glad I didn't roll over & go back to sleep :) And I even heard a "GO MISS CHRIS!!!" as I bolted across the finish ~ for the second time :)

No comments: