Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Mother's Day. :) I spent the morning in the kitchen baking Frank a sour cream coffee cake - one of his favorites - and pumpernickel bread for me. It's on its second rise and I can't wait til the house smells like baking bread! YUM. I have a pot of tomato & zuccs on the stove for dinner -- thank you Aunt Mickey. I remember Aunt Mickey and Mommy made that all the time and it's become one of my favorite comfort foods.

So much has been going on since I blogged last... life's been crazy busy. Work is good, but I'm pooped at nite after being up at 5 and on my feet in the kitchen for 8 hrs. After a run and doing dinner and dishes at home I'm out cold before 9pm. I haven't been able to finish a book or do any crocheting - DANG! My 'to do' and 'to read' list just keeps growing!!!

We went into Savannah with Ro & Ron when they came to visit. It was a perfect day and it was nice to visit with them for the weekend.


Ginger was spayed a couple weeks ago and came home completely dopey... I couldn't help but take a picture of her... and yes I crocheted the puppy blanket she has on. She sleeps on it every nite:) She's got an old dish towel under her moosh cause she kept drooling... nice huh.

The garden is huge... I've already brought in 2 big bowls of snap and snow peas. This morning before the storms came thru I managed to pick 1 pound 10 oz... I had to weight them for the fun of it since there were so many. I've been making shrimp or chicken and snow pea stir fry quite a bit... I just love it. We've got lots of zuccs and tomatoes but they won't be ready for a while yet. I need to find out why I have more flowers than zuccs...I know there is something I can do to help the plants produce more zuccs, but I can't remember what it is. I've gotta do some reading on that. Ginger is still eating whatever she can from the garden, so I need to keep an eye on her at all times. She even ate all my Nasturtium leaves... they are only just starting to come back... At this rate Ill never have flowers. She's managed to leave the Petunias and Sweet Allysum alone - and she hasn't discovered my basil yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Hopefully I'll be picking my first string beans this week.That's about all I can say for now... gotta get some ZZZZ's. Tomorrow is Monday again....

No comments: