I planted a bunch of marigolds in the garden around my tomatoes (which are huge - and my cherry and grapes are turning already) and Ginger keeps eating the flowers off them. Oh yes,,,still eating my strawberries too - we race each other to the strawberry patch now cause the second I take my eyes off her she has her head stuffed in the plant rummaging for the red ones!!!! NOT FAIR! Then she freshens her breath with my parsley.
I've finally had a chance to get some photos of the garden here - I'm really happy with it. I think it looks great. Ive already picked over 3 pounds of string beans & probably more snap and snow peas. We've been doing lots of stir fry with the peas & tonite we ate our first kerbie. I pulled up what was left of the baby lettuce cause I needed the space for my peppers - and I've still got spinach growing for salads anyway. My zucchini are covered with flowers but don't have enough zuccs. HMMMmm maybe not enough pollinators - I know the soil is okay. I'm ready to go out there with a Q-tip in the morning when the flowers are open and cross pollinate them myself - whatever it takes.... I worked too hard to not have zuccs.
No comments:
Post a Comment