Monday, May 26, 2008

A Memorable Memorial Day Weekend

What a weekend we had. Saturday Frank & I were out on the hogs for a couple hours and it was HOT. I love riding now that I've gotten more experience. That reminds me...I forgot to mention my first Poker Run didn't I???? I rode 135 miles last month on a ride - it was awesome!!! Our group from the neighborhood went & I rode really well - even impressed myself. No more butterflies for me now :)
Anyway, saturday we stopped at Home dopey to get a new pump for the pond cause the other one konked out. I LOVE having saddlebags on my bike to throw goodies into. The pond looks great already - everything is growing - including the fish. They are huge!! I can't believe they were little, tiny 20 cent comets. I have lots of lily pads & I'm looking forward to flowers on all my plants. Last year I think I only had one variety of flowers, but there are 3 different plants in there. No, now there is a pink one that I picked up this week so I've got 4, but the new one only just started growing. We have a stronger pump now so the waterfall looks much better :) YAY. The Caladiums have started leafing out finally - I almost forgot about them. Yesterday was our BIG day!! We took Ginger out on the boat and went over to Ossabaw Island for the afternoon. She LOVED the water!! When I walked her down the ramp to get on the floating dock she practically crawled - did NOT like it,,but didn't hesitate - just walked down on her belly. It was pretty funny. Once we got her on the boat and she got her sea legs she had a blast. The beach was the best. We anchored just off the beach, so she had to swim to shore --- piece of cake. She had such fun on the beach since everything was new to her... the little waves, shells, driftwood, oh and don't forget jellyfish and horseshoe crabs. Some kids had collected a couple of dead horseshoe crabs and she ran around them barking her head off wondering what the heck to make of them. As we walked up and down the beach she would jump into the water and actually SWIM -- she was NUTS!!! Running in and out of the water like a kid!! I can't believe we have no pictures of her first beach and boat outing, but we were just having so much fun with her - and of course she was outa control - there was no time to take pictures. She slept all the way back to the dock too. Once home it was time for a bath to get rid of the salt water and after a big meal it was off to bed for her. Funny thing is she still doesn't like the pool. Today we hung out at home and when I got in the pool she went nuts barking again... I just don't get it. Neither of us left the house today except to walk the dog. We just hung out in the pool, I did some weeding (of course), Frank painted the doors on the shed and Ginger ran around the yard looking for trouble.
Tonites salad featured kerbies & grape tomatoes from the garden. YUM!!

No comments: