Thursday, January 17, 2008
The World's Most Expensive Yarn Trip
Sorry I haven't posted in a while..been very busy. The past 2 days have been pretty exciting. After an awesome workout and yoga class on Monday I went to - of course - AC Moore for some yarn and got a flat tire driving out of the parking lot UUGGHHHH Not a pretty sight - completely flat in no time from a huge piece of metal - like a giant razor blade...so much for that tire. I managed to drive it onto a somewhat level area of the parking lot so I could begin the tire changing process on my own - and for the first time. I did very well until I had to lift the good tire onto the lug nuts and ever so slightly (or so I thought) bumped the truck & it rolled just enough to tilt the jack up so that it's now teetering on the edge and the tire is wedged in there so nothing is going anywhere. I'd already called Frank & filled him in, & luckily our friend Owe was on the road & came to my rescue with another jack and a couple of wedges to put under the front tires. WHEW We finished up in 5 minutes and I was on my way. We have great friends down here. Glad I didn't have to make Frank come out. He was 45 mins away with all his tools out and he'd have had to pack everything up before leaving. Thank you Owe. I spent Tues & Wed. trying to track down a tire!! I'm good to go now, but that even exchange at AC Moore ended up costing over 200 bucks. GRRRRRR It could have been worse - I could have gotten the flat before I was able to get my yarn!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment