Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cold as ICE


Yesterday I came home from spending a few days with Frank's mom in Atlanta. BRRRRRR it was much colder there than it is here. They didn't have any snow while I was there, but the fountain in mom's courtyard only had a trickle of water coming out the top -- guess they never thought this would happen to it. It was quite the conversation piece among everyone in her building - keep in mind its a residence for Seniors. They're a HOOT!


Before I left for Mom's I finished Bette's afghan. I LOVE it. At first I didn't think I liked the colors - and didn't think they'd go with her new kitchen, but they're pretty neutral. Unfortunately, I don't have the great eye for color that she has, and NO color memory what-so-ever. If they aren't what she wants, I'll just have to make her another one. (and we know that won't bother me at all) This pattern is the Four and a half Hour Afghan with Lion Brand Homespun. It weighs a ton - made with 2 strands of yarn. Hopefully it will keep her nice and cozy.

No comments: