So my first knitted scarf is completed. I just love it. I used Moda-Dea Tweedle Dee yarn. The instant gratification from a quick project was exactly what I needed to keep me going. I'm sure Grandma is very proud of me - especially after the many times she showed me and I slipped into my crochet comfort zone. I'll never be able to knit like she did, but I'll have fun trying. I think I'll pop out a couple more scarves for practice - some skinny scarves with fun yarn - then try slippers or hats. I've gotta get moving on an afghan I just started too..a pretty ripple. I'll post a picture when there's a bit more to see.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
My Knitting First
So my first knitted scarf is completed. I just love it. I used Moda-Dea Tweedle Dee yarn. The instant gratification from a quick project was exactly what I needed to keep me going. I'm sure Grandma is very proud of me - especially after the many times she showed me and I slipped into my crochet comfort zone. I'll never be able to knit like she did, but I'll have fun trying. I think I'll pop out a couple more scarves for practice - some skinny scarves with fun yarn - then try slippers or hats. I've gotta get moving on an afghan I just started too..a pretty ripple. I'll post a picture when there's a bit more to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment