Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

January 11th was my baby sister Elizabeth's 30th birthday ! WHOOHOOO (Sorry I couldn't spend your day with you Elizabeth - but I thought about you all day) I remember changing her diapers, baths, driving her to Brownies and dance classes. When she was little she'd come in my room and put all my funky jewelry on - OMG remember the Billy Idol and Madonna phases - and dress up in front of my vanity mirror :) I used to love when she came in to wake me up - she was probably 3 or 4 yrs old, and she'd lay in bed with me and we'd both end up falling asleep again. Remember belly farts, pig noises, RUFF HOUSE ROSIE!!!! and "Power to the Babies !" OH, I remember when you hid behind the big chair in the den and ate Sparky's dog cookies LOL. To this day I don't know how none of us ended up in the hospital from playing RHR. Although there were some nice injuries, bruises & occasional tears they were masked by hysterical laughter as I catapolted Jim, Lisa & Elizabeth thru the air and across the den. We had so much fun it was worth getting in trouble over when we got outa hand wasn't it?!!
I could go on and on, but I think I've already rambled enough. She's all grown up now and has a wonderful husband Kevin, a teaching career and a new house they're making a home. I know how lucky and blessed I am to have her. She's my confidant, and my best friend - and she'll always be my baby sister. I love you Elizabeth.

No comments: