Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunday on the Ocean

Boobie and I had a fabulous day on the water today.  We didn't catch any Cobia, but we had a great time trying!  We used every kind of bait & lure we had, but they wouldn't bite.  We had them around the boat all day - along with 10 other boats that didn't pull up a fish all day.  At least we weren't alone in our frustration.  I did catch us dinner for tonite - YEAH!! The first time I dropped the line I hooked up bigtime.  I had barely gotten to the bottom and I had a nice Trigger fish! I can't believe I didn't take a picture of him, but I was just too excited at the time.  They have some big teeth and if they get you,,,,,,your done. I caught 2 weakfish too, but we only kept the 15in one, and then I caught a Remora. They are really wierd looking things with that flat head that sticks to the underside of sharks.  Too bad he wasn't attached to a nice Mako!! THAT would have been some nice eating - and fighting.  Off to shower and eat now.

No comments: