Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Can't believe it's already Easter Sunday.  It's beautiful outside & I've actually spent a little time reading this afternoon.  I'm still struggling to finish Scarpetta - it's sooo sad.  It didn't take me this long to get thru Crime & Punishment for goodness sake!
Over the past couple of weeks the weather has really made the switch to spring/summer.  The Hummingbirds are here & the feeders are constantly full of feathered activity. I made some time last week on my days off to plant some seeds in the veggie garden. Seeds for beans, cucumbers, green & yellow squash, peas and lettuces have all been planted right in the ground.  I planted a few tomato plants I'd started from seed inside, but I don't know if they'll make it since they are so small. We've already got baby lettuce - I scattered those seeds about a month ago, then got too busy to do anything else until last week. The basil self seeded, and so did my Impatients! Poopas petunias are blooming all over (more prolific self seeders).  They're so pretty I let them grow wherever they want to.
The Peony I brought here from NY finally bloomed this year! I've moved it a couple of times - can't believe it survived. It's in a spot now where it gets only late afternoon sun. 
beautiful wild petunias everywhere! Just like Poopa's yard

Poopa's Peonys - finally happy again.  I'm THRILLED!!


This year we mulched the beds in the front since we hadn't done it in years & we were in desperate need of some front yard beautification.  Seems I always keep the back pretty since that's where I spend most of my time, but everyone else sees the front.  Of course Ginger has to be out there with me protecting her yard and her mommy.

We're THREE!!!!



Lila and Alexis are getting so big! I can't wait to get my Easter & 3yr old pix in the mail!  Hopefully I'll get them today. I had so much fun with them when I visited for their birthdays.  We created all kinds of fun stuff with the PlayDoh bakery!
Daddy & I in front of the rink in Rockefeller Center
They got the coolest bean bags for their bday. It's hard to believe they are already three years old!!


Jim & I goofin' around with my new/his old iPad
I had a great time with Jim, Ling and my Dad too.  We went to the WTC  Memorial, spent some time at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, & even got to the Lion Brand Studio. Loved people watching and just being a NYer again for a while.  I loved having a whole week to spend with my family - not feeling rushed or pressured - I got to enjoy lots of time with everyone and it was wonderful. There's more to share, but I have to save that for the next post. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.



No comments: