 |
| delicious smelling Gardenia |
Afternoon thunderstorms - of course. After a couple of rumbly, rainy afternoons our sega palm has bolted!! It sent up about 50 new fronds last week. It's just
huge now. My impatients from last summer self seeded all over that flower bed too, so I've got patches of color here & there. I just let them come up wherever they were happy. Why fight
Mother Nature right?! The Amaryllis had over a dozen flower stalks on it this year. The flowers are short lived, but it was spectacular in full bloom. The passion flower is trying to cover the lattice around the pool filter along with morning glories & cardinal flower vine.

The veggie garden isn't as chock full as in past years - just haven't had the time to devote to it this season. We've got lots of tomatoes and I just picked my first batch of string beans. Oh, I grew potatoes this year. They've been delicious!! - and the broccoli is almost ready to start picking. I have a few snap & snow peas (which are eaten by the time I'm finished playing in the garden) and cucumbers & zuccs :) I wish I had edemames & some okra this year, but we've got enough to keep me busy. Frank is looking forward to some home grown Kerbies.


That's all for the garden news. I've been reading and listening to audio books quite a bit. I just finished another Vince Flynn book. I really like his stuff. I'm reading the Sookie Stackhouse books too. I got sucked into them - the whole vampire thing is so silly, but I can't help myself. I'm on book 4 so I have to finish the series. I'm listening to David Baldacci's
Split Second at the same time. I have to listen instead of reading sometimes so I can crochet or knit at the same time. I just finished a baby blanket for Olivia's new baby boy. I still need to take a picture to post. Guess I'll go do that now so I don't forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment