Today I actually got out of work at 1:30! My agreement was to leave after breakfast on Saturdays (when I gave my notice last July), but I have been staying til 4 or later since we've been busy - and Frank's been busy & putting in some Saturday hours anyway. I don't like any weekend hours, but that's another story. Having a job where I can bake bread and desserts makes my day kinda fun. I'm happy as a clam when I'm baking & creating beautiful desserts. It's nice to be able to practice & experiment in a big commecial kitchen with all the ingredients I need. Then again, when we're busy & I have stuff to do at the last minute & end up pulling a 12 hour day,,,,not so happy. So goes my ongoing battle. I think my therapy session is over,,so back to bread.
I was able to double bake some bread this week so I left early today and it feels wonderful to be home - poolside - just chillin. YAY!!
I remembered to take some pictures of my baking over the past few days. These are the bran loaves I did. It's a great breakfast bread.
| French country loaf |
I came across this crazy creature - it's an Alligator Snapping Turtle - driving on property one afternoon. I got out & snapped a few pix while he hung out looking back at me when all of a sudden he flipped around and RAN back into the pond. I mean RAN!!!! I couldn't have caught that sucker if I ran after him!! It was funny as hell and the last thing I expected him to do. I
guess I should add he was HUGE!!! His algea growing shell was as big as the loop I can make with my arms in front of me --- yeah, the boy was big - with those big webbed feet and claws!! His nose is a long snout with 2 nostrils...you just gotta click on the photo..... He ain't pretty. I half expected him to snap out at me when I was taking the picture! Next time I'm gonna have the video going! That would have been great! On a sweeter note, this is one of the little baby goats that were born on the farm a month ago. She was only about a week old when I took this picture. Her twin went to a foster mom(human) since it was much smaller, but both are doing very well now and have a new home with their mom on a much bigger piece of property.
Guess that's about it for now...I'm going for a swim.


No comments:
Post a Comment