Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


It's a dreary rainy day here today, so I'm catching up on laundry, cleaning - and blogging.  I can't wait to go to NY next week & see everyone.  The girls are getting so big! I'm staying with Jim & Ling the first few days, then out to Elizabeth's.  Frank & Ginger will be on their own for the week so I made a vat of James Beard's mac & cheese for dinner - always great in a pinch.
Yesterday Ginger went to the vet for her shots & some bloodwork - we've been battling an incontinence problem forever - when she gets excited she piddles a bit...but doesn't know it..we changed her pills & are waiting for results to rule out any kidney/liver/etc problems.  More than likely just an incontinence problem which can be controlled with hormone pills. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Shaun & Blake and their chorizo
Work has been busy.  The guys made Chorizo - really interesting.
I even got in on the action trying to unravel the pig's intestines they use as casings. I just imagined it was a beautiful skein of angora or mohair or alpaca yarn. LOL.
Eggs from the farm. 




Magnolia in full bloom next to Henry's mansion.

Last month we had our last Tour of Homes meeting where I had to give the treasurers report & disperse the proceeds to the different organizations.  I made this gorgeous (if I do say so myself) Lemon Tart with a walnut crust.  Garnished it with whipped cream & fresh pinched violets from the garden.  They're blooming all other the veggie beds.  I made homemade brownies too. Alton Browns recipe from Food Network - amazing!!! chewy and fudgy and amazingly chocolatey - I highly recommend them.
click here for link



After seeing what a mess the beds were & getting a heavy dose of Spring Fever I spent a day in the yard and cleared out 2 of the 4 beds for some early veggies.  It's time to start lettuce, snow & snap peas and my edemames! They grew so well last year - along with the bok choy - more than I knew what to do with! Frank's going to build some heay duty trellies this year for our cucumbers. 
  Had to post a couple before & afters - what a mess it was.
 
Oh! Big news!! We got a new computer - believe it or not, Frank got himself an iMac desktop and it's beautiful.  I'm a bit jealous, but he's promised to share - as long as I don't mess around with his settings.
I'm off to finish Max's blanket now so I can finally get it mailed out to him while it's still cold in NY.  He wanted a black afghan for himself so I'm crocheting a super heavy 'ghan out of Lion Brand Thick n Quick.  Love it.  I'll post pix before I mail it.


No comments: