Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring has sprung in JFG Park

This afternoon I met Diane and Beth for a run in Gregory Park.  It was a gorgeous afternoon....temps in the low 70's, slightly breezy, blue skies!  Perfect for a 6 mile run.  Spring is in the air for sure!! Besides the incredible pollen - most evident by the yellow tide lines - the water plants and wildlife are everywhere you look.  We passed several people fishing & a couple of bird watchers with binocs taking notes diligently.  
I came across a beautiful little green snake on the path but he got to the bushes before I was able to pick him up. He was incredibly docile so when I finally managed to get him to wrap around my fingers instead of the shrub he was trying to escape into, he just hung out and posed in the sunlight - kinda like the photo above(which I copied from a website since I didn't have my camera on me)  I must start running with my camera now since there are some beautiful sights.  I got a great little fanny pack at the expo in Jax when I ran my marathon, I just need to remember to put the camera in it. 

No comments: