Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tryin' to catch up.....

wow....I've been away for way too long... so sorry.  We've been really busy getting the yard ready for summer. Things are coming along.  The garden is partially planted - yeah,,,I'm WAY behind there.... I don't know what happened.  This year we got smart - we're only growing cherry tomotoes since the bigger ones start off looking great but then end up rotting and splitting before they are ripe....just too much work. We're sticking with what works this time. My Amaryllis has gotten so big, I dont even know how many blooms I got from it this year.  I kept forgetting to take pix & it's overbloomed now...but it was just spectacular :)  

On Saturday April 17th I ran the Race for a Cure in Savannah.  What a great event.  Above are a bunch of my running buddies - what a great group of people. I just love David's pink hair! He was a big hit - and yes,,,he was quite the attraction.  Diane and I are trying to decide on our next marathon & half marathon. I wanted to do the Womens Half in St Petersburg - but it's almost a 6 hr drive - which would be a great weekend with Frank & then race Sunday morning - but Kiawah Island Marathon is in December and that's next door in SC.  We'll see.
That's all the catchin' up I can do for now...got lemon chicken & pork chops to go in the oven and a twice baked potato to make for Boobie.  Dinner calls :)

No comments: