Thursday, March 4, 2010

My First Marathon !!! 4:41:11


Running this marathon was such an incredible experience!! I can't wait to do it again next year.  The weather was beautiful - perfectly clear blue skies & almost too warm at 73 degrees when I crossed the finish line.  Frank got plenty of exercise following the course on the bicycle & taking pictures everyplace he saw me.  The spectators & volunteers were amazing.  There was always someone calling my name, encouraging or cheering me on. It made the miles fly by - really!  I have to say it was also very emotional.  A couple of times I could have just cried - being a part of something so big and so important with hundreds of people dressed in pink waving signs & banners to show their thanks & support to all the runners. I was proud to be a part of it :)  I guess my training paid off too...finished right were I hoped to.  Training on my own was not easy, but I don't regret one second of the hard work & 3-4 hr long runs.  I'm already thinking about February 13, 2011 !!!!!

No comments: