Last nite was a lot of fun. Dale & Nicole and Tristan & Adam came over & rang in the NY with us. They brought a game called Partini which we got a lot of laughs out of. This morning we were going to try to do a breakfast bike ride with some friends, but we aren't going to make it...someone is still in bed. That's okay with me though cause it's a bit chilly this morning - we'd be in full leathers today for sure. We're starting the NY with temps only in the 40's!!!! BBRRRRRrrr in fact it's exactly 40 on the porch right now. Great day to put up a pot of Lentil soup. It's supposed to bring good fortune for the coming year with all those little coin looking lentils plumping up. I'm gonna do some Hoppin' John too. Last year Nicole made me hoppin' john & collards, but I don't like the greens. Collards & Broccoli Rabe - can't seem to get a taste for them no matter what.
Never talked about Christmas - hmmm for anyone who doesn't know yet,,,,,I spent Christmas morning in the ER at St Joseph Candler Hospital. It seems the fever I had been running off and on for a couple days got the best of me and I woke up with the lowest blood pressure ever & promptly passed out within 15 minutes of getting out of bed. I think I was just so excited to see Santa had come :) Anyway,,,after frank managed to get me over to the couch and I came around I agreed to go to the hospital for him and get checked out. I'd have done anything to take away the look of fear on his face. That was just the worst thing ever. So after a throng of tests including my first EKG I was perfectly healthy with the exception of a low BP - oh,, 94/51. Nice. We can only determine the cause to be part of my flu symptoms - high fever at nite, maybe combined with all the running I was doing - I had doubled my mileage the week before running with the guys (and trying my best to keep up with them) - maybe I pushed a little too hard. What a disaster. I continued to feel weak and lightheaded for the next few days too...Finally, I went out for my first run on Tuesday - a full WEEK after my last run of 8 1/2 miles...I just couldn't take it anymore. A nice easy run in the park showed me exactly what 7 days of rest and fever will do to a body. Could you just strap on a couple of cinder blocks and run next time??? OMG!! Felt great afterwards though. Hopefully a nice easy run later on to start the year off right.
Santa was very good to me though - I just had to wait til mid afternoon to find out:)
Anyone have any good New Year's Resolutions they want to share?? Does anyone still do that?? I feel like I'm the only one who still does -and I can't help myself. I didn't make my goal of reading 50 books, but I got more than half way there; I set 2 new PR's - my Half marathon and 10k times & I'm very impressed with that. I'm going to continue to make resolutions for myself for the coming year. I think they give me inspiration throughout the year, and a sense of accomplishment when I look back :)
No comments:
Post a Comment